Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > maxisys or maxisys pro? what programming...
maxisys or maxisys pro? what programming can the pro do out of the box?

3781 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-24 03:21:15

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1
    2015-12-12 10:52:34
     so i am considering buying the maxisys with or without the j2534 adapter. I would eventually be able to to program modules for all the popular manufacturers.

what can the pro do out of the box or should i just save the money and buy a better j2534 like one from drew tech. etc.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-12-12 15:48:31 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

buy it without the j2534 and buy a drewtech. Drewtech boxes are approved by more oems then any other box. If you are thinking about trying to programming with the maxisys there are are a few makes like BMW / Mercedes that you can flash with but thats it. I would imagine in the future there will be no programing with the tool at all. It is not really a good idea anyhow. Programming outside of the oems application or tooling is asking to brick a module

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2015-12-12 16:01:28 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

i have the 905 mini     and the drew cardaq m  box.  so far i used the drew box 6 times   3 gms   2 fords  and 1 toyota  and it worked  perfect.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-14 08:31:45 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

For your information, our Maxisys Pro (Maxisys+J2534) can support programming BMW and Benz. And in the future, it is scheduled to support Ford programming. 

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1
    2015-12-15 17:41:39 (Reply to:Support02)
     from what i have been reading on these forums. i dont have much confidence in promises from support. i just want to know what works now..
    had an opportunity to get a used snap on solus ultra for 900 bucks with recent update. should i do that or the autel maxysys?

i want something that is fast. i hate waiting for the shops modis to boot up. takes forever.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-16 14:04:34 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

Same predicament, Decisions, decisions. The Used Solus Ultra price sounds good because you get pre 1996 OBD1 coverage in it, but maybe the European car coverage is not unlocked yet and you'll have to still buy The European Adapters and maybe  keys for at least one of the euro adapters.
      Snap On software with Euro still falls short of Autel doing quite as many functions and may have less coverage for brand new cars than  Maxi Sys, however what is listed on their scanners usually Beta tested before hand and works without issues , Graphing works well, there is troubleshooter, and with a free PC program called Shop Stream connect you can view , playback ,and save recorded files on your PC
       If you are in good health , can deal with stress, Chinglish, generally  longer wait time getting support,  have more time and patience to be a Beta tester submitting datalogs dealing  with things that might not work as advertised on  one car  but will shine on the next one ,  gives you WiFi, Blue tooth ,camera,  internet, HDMI port, potential to be rooted, stream music ,movies, videos, run surround sound speakers, and make tablet a part of your blue tooth phone,then the MS908 comparatively is still  a bargain.

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1
    2015-12-17 12:57:55 (Reply to:witsend)
     So i have heard that if you decide not to pay for next years update package that the maxysys will lock you out of the scanner and become completely unusable. Basically they hold your scanner for ransom. Is this true or false. 

There has been more than one or 2 incidents where something didnt work on the Modis we have at the shop so i guess it's always going to be somewhat hit or miss.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-17 14:48:28 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

I don't think the scanner software be shut down, but when the update period expires,your ability for the tablet to access Autel's server for BMW and Mercedes programming files come to an end. If you do not backup your software, and something goes wrong and causes it to stop working you have no recourse to start with, but to buy another  update sub  and pray a fresh software install fixes it ,and that you don't have to deal with wait for support and sending out to China  for repair or paying for an authorized Total Care Exchange unit,( if that is how it works now.
       I tried to get support to post a Sticky or You tube Video of  How To Make a Backup of the MaxiSys hard drive ,but I guess it is too much work , or process can vary too much  from Windows XP to Windows 10 to provide a cut and dry path to easily do it.
       If  some type of cut and dry  Tutorial Video of How to Back up a Maxi Sys harddrive using a Windows 10 PC , I would be way more inclined to finally upgrade from my DS708 (that I have the original software on 4GB card and a 16GB class 3 card of software of what I presently have ,just in case).

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1
    2015-12-17 20:25:46 (Reply to:witsend)
     But there is a way to back up the maxisys? 

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-12-23 10:52:41 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

You can buy Maxiflash Pro. So far I and others user have test with different brands and all seems to work.

Please check in the link below some examples:

http://pro.auteltech.com/autelsupport/J2534/18587.jhtml?createrId=277522&view=1

I have done a lot of coding and programming through Maxisys908 P without any problem. There was one time that update fail. I have setn a datalog to Autel Support. They discovery the problem and solved that in 1 day.

If you need any help please inform.
  Total2 Pages